This is my new favourite way to cook these beautiful little pointy cabbages; this method is so easy - especially as you make them in advance to serve at room temperature - and they are delicious served with supper or as an accompaniment to a Sunday roast.
- Preheat oven to 240℃ (220℃ fan).
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon zest (not the juice yet!), garlic, ¼ teaspoon fine salt, a few grinds of black pepper and the thyme leaves. Set aside 2 tablespoons and pour the rest over the cabbage in a large bowl, then gently toss well to coat.
- Arrange the cabbage on two large, lined baking trays and roast in the centre of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the edges are crisp and golden - after 10 minutes, you’ll need to swap the baking trays around so that the cabbage wedges cook evenly.
- Gently arrange the cabbage on a large serving plate and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the lemon juice to the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil mix and drizzle it evenly over the cabbage. When you’re ready to serve, scatter over the shavings of Comté.
Comté Recipe 2021 © Laura Pope 2021